WHAT DOES A FULL TECHNICIAN DE-INSTALL INCLUDE?
- Verify serial number.
- Check copier to determine that it is functioning properly.
- Inspect for mechanical or cosmetic damage.
- Separate stand-alone accessories from copier mainframe:
(Finishers, Sorters, Large Capacity Trays, and Print Controllers or Fierys).
- Remove toner/ink cartridges (when necessary).
- Lock down scanning mechanism (color copiers).
- Remove fuser oil and drain (some color copiers).
- De-program security, password, and user codes.
- Assemble all cables, manuals, and maintenance records for shipping.
- Complete a full inspection report with copy for client.
Digital copiers are a data security risk. Your digital copier may contain an image of EVERY copy or print ever made--on its hard drive. For example, if your manager copied his or her tax return on the copier two years ago, an image of that tax return may still reside on the hard drive. This data can be mined by criminal technicians. Like computers, deleting or erasing files on your copier does not necessarily make the copier data secure. A trained technician can often recover "deleted" files. Finally, please keep in mind that the vast majority of used copiers are shipped overseas to developing nations where there is little oversight or regulation of data security. If your company or organization handles sensitive documents, we suggest replacement of your hard drive as the single best step you can take in securing your data. Our technician will remove the existing hard drive and give it to you for safekeeping or destruction. We then install a new, properly-formatted, factory-licensed hard drive prior to shipment.
Insurance helps to cover the cost of any damage that may be incurred during the transit of your equipment.
Schock Logistics has partnered with Renewable Choice Energy. Together we have calculated the carbon footprint of our business. Our typical shipment (one 500 pound copier) produces a $4 carbon footprint during transportation. You may offset this footprint by purchasing carbon credits that are in turn transferred to Renewable Choice Energy and help fund development of wind turbine farms. Every credit goes towards slow-revolution turbines that do not harm birds. A copy of our carbon certification is available upon request. To learn more, click here: http://www.renewablechoice.com/